300 Hamilton Hall
Tuesday 2-4pm, Wednesday 12:30-1:30pm
About: After having studied political science at the Higher School of Economics (Moscow, Russia), I gained some professional experience in the corporate sector working as a public relations specialist. Later, returned to academia and worked as a project manager and research assistant in a joint project uniting Russian and US scholars interested in Russian regional politics, elite politics and regime dynamics. That inspired me to get additional training and exposure to best academic practices by pursuing a graduate degree.
- Garifullina, Guzel, “Groups and networks in the Russian Federal-Level Consultative Bodies.” XV International HSE April conference, Moscow, April 1-4, 2014.
- Garifullina, Guzel, “Business Participation in Discussion over Public Policies: the Case of Public Advisory Bodies in Contemporary Russia.” International Workshop “Imagining Development: Comparing Theory and Practice of Development in the Post-socialist World”, Tallinn University, November 8-9, 2013.
- Garifullina, Guzel, “Elections, Appointments, and Human Capital: The Case of Russian Mayors.” Bilateral Academic Conference “The Performance and Policies in China and Russia during and after the World Financial Crisis”, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi’an, China, October 11-14, 2013.
- Garifullina, Guzel, “Mayoral Election Cancellation in the Russian Cities.” Russian Summer School on Institutional Analysis,
Moscow region, June 29 – July 5, 2013
- Garifullina, Guzel, “Advisory Bodies at the Federal Agencies: the Political Role of Knowledge.” Seminar on public policy issues, HSE, Saint-Petersburg, March 12, 2013
- Garifullina, Guzel, with Noah Buckley, Ora John Reuter, and Alexandra Shubenkova. “Elections, Appointments, and Human Capital: The Case of Russian Mayors.” Demokratizatsiya: The Journal of Post-Soviet Democratization. 2014. Vol. 22, Issue 1, pp.87-116.
- Garifullina, Guzel, with Timothy Frye, Ora John Reuter and Noah Buckley. “The Political Economy of Russian Gubernatorial Election and Appointment.” Europe-Asia Studies. 2014. Vol. 66, Issue 8, pp. 1213-1233
- Garifullina, Guzel, Noah Buckley and Ora John Reuter. “Bureaucratic Appointments in Hybrid Regimes” / Working papers by NRU HSE. Series PS “Political Science”. 2012. No. 11.