Pi Sigma Alpha
The University of North Carolina’s Alpha Chi chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha was founded in 1949, and is one of the oldest and most venerated undergraduate honor societies on the Chapel Hill campus.
Membership in Pi Sigma Alpha is open to Political Science majors who have met the following requirements:
- Completed at least fifteen hours of political science credits; 12 credits must have been taken at UNC-Chapel Hill towards the political science major.
- Have an overall grade point average of 3.3 or better and a Political Science grade point average of 3.5 or better. No rounding of GPAs is allowed.
- Students must submit the Pi Sigma Alpha application for departmental approval.
- If approved, all students must submit membership dues ($35.00) directly to Pi Sigma Alpha via the link that will be provided to you in the confirmation email.
- Students also have the option of purchasing the Pi Sigma Alpha honor cord and other accessories via the Pi Sigma Alpha direct link.
Applications are opened every semester. Call for applications will be announced via email.
To apply, you must submit the application by the appropriate deadline. Click for the application.